Monday, September 10, 2012

Event 10: Bad Beat! Bad Beat! (but no BBJ)

$350 + $50 Deep Stack No Limit Hold'em (Re-Entry)

"Why wasn't it in a cash game," laments John De Lio (Boothyn, PA) who's quad 7s are beaten by the straight flush of Matt Isles (Atco, NJ).

"I guess I wasted my 'one time' in a tournament," says Isles who doubles his 25k starting stack, while De Lio re-enters the tournament.

De Lio has 7♦ 7♠ against Isles 5♣ 6♣ as De Lio flops quads on a board of 7♣ 7♥ 9♣.

After the K♣ on the turn, the 8♣ brings fireworks.

DeLio bets 2k into a 3k pot, and Isles makes an ill-advised, an almost egregious all-in bet of 22k, but it works out perfectly as De Lio snap calls.

Isles's 9-high straight flush beats DeLio's quads and the table can't believe the bad beat is on a tournament table.

"It would've been the small one," says Isles, noting that the same hand in a cash game would've earned everyone at the table a payday. "It would've been great to split up $50,000."

The large Bad Beat Jackpot in the Poker Room is currently at nearly $300,000.
(Click Details Here ----> Bad Beat Jackpot  <-------)

Olga, the next dealer at the table, says, "I would've puked If I did it,"  as both dealers and players are always chasing the jackpot and everyone hates to waste a bad beat hand in a tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.