Sunday, September 16, 2012

Event 22 Winner - Tran

$1,000 + 90 Six Max No Limit Hold'em

Theo Tran (Las Vegas, NV) 
$64,8087

Blinds 15k/30k/4k ante

On the final hand with Tran having a 2.8 million to 1.1 million chip lead over Wade Woelfel, Tran 4-bet ships preflop and Woelfel calls.

Tran: 9♣ 9♥
Woelfel: A♥ 9♠

Flop: 10♦ K♦ 7♠ (Tran's 9s lead)

Turn: 8♠ (both players open-ended for chopped pot)

River: K♥

Tran wins the tournament after Woelfel fails to hit an ace or a chop card.

"I definitely have to change my style," says the 30-year-old Tran, who now has close to $2.8 million in career tournament earnings.  "The young kids are so good today. They learn at a faster pace and  figured out ways to counter what I was doing four or five years ago. So I've had to adjust the way I play, which is part of the game."

Tran is glad he was able to battle back twice while short stacked to win his first Borgata title.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.