Boyko Watches Floor Supervisor "G" Count Frey's Stack
In a close count, Robert Boyko (Yonkers, NY) wins the $10,000 bonus as chip leader with 173,100 at the end of Day 1A.
"I stole a pot at the end, I had to," says Boyko who says he's now on the ultimate free roll. "Chip leader and $10,000, I really need it."
"I should've played the last hand," says Kyle Frey (Milford, CT), who was 5,075 shy of the lead with a second place total of 168,025. Because his chips were bagged and tagged first, Boyko had to sweat the count of Frey's stack to confirm he was the winner.
Another player kicking himself is Lloyd Mandel (Skokie, IL) who was one of the few players to touch the 200k chip mark throughout the day. "I should've stopped when I got 205 (thousand) and gone to bed," he says after bagging ~148k.
Also drifting back to the pack was dinner break chip leader Troy Skinner (Safford, AZ) who also reached 200k, but came back to the pack.
While Skinner and Frey missed their chance at the $10,000 bonus, both are running well here at the Borgata Poker Open. Frey won the heads up tournament for $40,352, while Skinner finished second for $26,728 in the $1k (Event 6).
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.